Leamington Looks Back: A Festival of Heritage & Culture
Key features of Leamington Looks Back:
- A 2-week programme of local history walks, talks, films, live performances and learning workshops, focusing attention on the diverse communities that have contributed to the history of our town.
- A ticketed keynote event: in 2012, Tony Benn & Roy Bailey will deliver The Writing on the Wall: a History of Dissent in Words and Song, at the Royal Spa Centre. Tickets available online now and at the Box Office at the Town Hall.
- Talks in Caffe Nero, The Jug & Jester and other Leamington cafes and pubs
- A Vintage Fair at The Assembly
- 1950s dinner-dance, with dance classes recalling our Coronation celebrations
- 1940s and 1950s nostalgia picnics with bands in the Jephson Gardens
- A Heritage Arts & Craft Fair
- Storytime sessions in Leamington Waterstones
- Over 50 events and activities with something for everyone, from families and children to history buffs and vintage collectors
- An education programme in partnership with Leamington Art Gallery & Museum, Warwickshire’s Adult & Community Learning (Foundation, KS1 & KS2 history workshops), Heritage
Education, the County Record Office and Roman Alcester
The festival is about making history accessible through showcasing local heritage projects, groups and services.